Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I just kissed Denis goodbye. He's on his way up to Portland to pick up his sister and neice at the airport and my mom went to keep him company. I could not go because I work tomorrow. Debbie and Jamie are coming for a short visit and they get in tonight at 10:00. The plan is for them to drive home tonight and get in very late.

So plans for the week are to go to Crater Lake one day, the coast the next day and then shopping in Jacksonville and Ashland on their final day in town. I will be working, unfortunately, so I will see them in the evenings and get to hear each day's news. We will be driving them back to the airport on Saturday afternoon. So it will be short but sweet and we will enjoy seeing them.

I have a busy week ahead of me. We have been very busy at the Diabetes Care Center, so we have a full schedule of patients this week. I'm also teaching an inservice at a local assisted living facility one afternoon. It is for nursing assistants and the focus is on helping the residents with Diabetes in choosing their meals. I have my supplies all together, so I'm ready to go. It should be fun to teach.

A relatively recent development in my life is that I have been having problems with TMJ. I had to have a root canal and crown about 2-3 months ago and since then my bite has been off. It is very annoying. Only the left front teeth come together when I close my teeth. So we have been seeking advice on this and I started going to Physical Therapy for it just last week. So far, none of the health professionals involved really know why this has happened or exactly what to do about it. But I'm hopeful. The physical therapist has special training in TMJ problems.

Well, that's the news around here.

No comments: