Sunday, March 18, 2007

Weekend

We have some family friends visiting from Washington States this weekend. These are very good friends who have been involved in our lives for as long as I can remember. They lived down the road from us in the small town where we both lived until I was 10 years old. Their family moved away one year before we did, but we have remained always in close contact. We even spent Christmas together each year. Anyway, it's been nice to visit with them. Denis had to work all weekend, so at least I had something interesting to do while he was gone. On Saturday, we drove about 40 minutes to a place aptly named "daffodil hill". I'm not sure what started it all, but obviously a lot of people have planted daf bulbs up here over the years. They are so pretty naturalized into the grassy fields among the trees.




There are a lot of deer in this area. We saw this young one walking along the road heading over to his family who were lounging in someone's yard.





















This is the only turkey we saw. My mom has seen a group of 8 in this area in the past.





Mt. McLaughlin is the prominent peak in the Rogue Valley. Here it is peeking over the hills.

8 comments:

Martha said...

The photos are beautiful!
And how wonderful to have friends that remain so for a lifetime. That's the kind of friend we all need.

Kim said...

These photos are so sweet. Is it okay if I pet the deer? I'm glad you had such a nice weekend.

Nixter said...

very beautiful, esp the deers so cute.

Tracy said...

I think I took 5 or 6 pictures of the deer before I finally got the face-shot.

Priscilla said...

Beautiful. Sounds like a great weekend.

kristina said...

That sounds great. I am not comfortable enough with the temp here to spend time outside. Soon I hope. Your photos are encouraging. It is great that you got to see old friends. Isn't that the best?

Rachel said...

Very pretty pictures. It makes me long for spring weather even more.
It's neat you stayed so close with your chilhood friends over the years.

Tracy said...

I should maybe clarify that these were my mom's friends. They were like second parents to me, or the closest things to aunt and uncle who were nearby. Their kids were close in age to us and we grew up together with holidays. I don't see the kids nearly as much as the folks. Our extended family all live back east (CT and OH), so this relationship was kind of like cousins who would live closer might have...