Saturday, March 03, 2007

I'm Home

I know, I know. You guys didn't even know that I was gone! I left Thursday afternoon for a work-related conference in Bend, Oregon. The conference was all day Friday and today until the afternoon. All of the nurses that I work with went and we carpooled. We had a nice time together. Bend is a wonderful place, with about 8 mountains visible to the west. We didn't have time to do any exploring, though. So, anyway, now you know why I haven't been around the last few days.

On another note, Wednesday evening Denis and I went to see the movie Amazing Grace at the theater with some people from our church. It tells the story of William Wilberforce who as a young man in the 18th century entered British parliament and attempted for years to abolish the slave trade in England. He persistently promoted bill after bill that were all defeated for years. After 15 years of frustration, he and his friends were finally successful. It was a great story and the driving force behind his passion about slavery was his strong faith in the God who created all men in the image of Himself. Some of the historical details were hard for me to follow (I'm pitiful at history), but the details were not entirely necessary to understand anyway. If this film is showing in your area, I do recommend it.

6 comments:

Kim said...

I heard someone on the radio say that it is a good movie too. I was even mentioning it to Craig but I had no idea what it was about, only that I heard it was good. We'll have to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation!

Rachel said...

I had never heard of the movie until this blog, but I just looked it up in our newspaper and yup, it's showing here! I'd like to see it, thanks.

Priscilla said...

I'll see it eventually.

stephen said...

Hi Tracy! I haven't been able to see that movie yet, but I am looking forward to seeing it soon.

No, I'm not going to Brazil anytime soon. Maybe this summer. I am so eager to get back. I leave this Friday to go to Germany with my brother. It's just a fun trip.

Tracy said...

Wow! That sounds like a lot of fun. Denis and I would love to go to Europe sometime.

Shelly said...

Sounds like a good movie... maybe hubby and I can make a date soon. :)