Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Been busy

Hello friends! I have been trying to combat laziness in my life and use my time more productively the last couple of days. (This is the fruit of reading the book Idols of the Heart with my ladies' Bible study group). I'm going to try setting limits for myself on blogging time and prioritize other computer tasks to do first before I get distracted.

Denis was off yesterday and today, so he's been getting some more yard work done. I took some pictures of the blooming flowers so far and I will make a slide show of them soon. He planted a new rose, a rhododendron and a hydrangea in the back yard last week. This week he's working on dividing and moving our daisies to the back yard along with some new purple daisy-like flowers that we bought. He's talking about cosmos and day-lillies so there's lot of moving and shaking going on in our garden right now. The clematis that we planted last fall is growing visibly taller each day. The sweet peas are climbing as well. Hopefully there will be flowers coming soon... The tulips are stunning - the red ones are taller than the orange ones and it looks like we planned it that way! Aren't we geniuses? The creeping flox smells really nice. Lilacs are about to bloom as well.

Anyway, tonight I have another Diabetes Association meeting. Tomorrow I work and I have some reading that I need to do in prep for the day. So I still have to-do's. Catch ya later.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

It sounds like lots of spring action going on over there. We're bracing ourselves for some more cold weather and possibly even some snow over the next few days. Yesterday it was in the 60's and today it is in the 30's, wahhhhh! The good news is that any amount of snow will be very wet and hopefully not stick.

Kim said...

We got snow. And it stuck! But it isn't much. I'm looking forward to the slide show!

Priscilla said...

Whatever Minnesota gets, we seem to get a day or so later!

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures!

judi/Gmj said...

Looking forward to the pictures of Denis and his handy work!

judi/Gmj said...

Happy Easter Kiddos! See ya next month.