Friday, April 27, 2007

Another busy day

Okay, are you ready for another day-in-the-life post? Ready or not here it comes:

I am really tired, but I just want to post something since it's been a while. This weekend is my church's lady's retreat weekend. It is held at a hotel conference area in the neighboring town (20 minute drive). So the problem is that instead of my usual 1/2 day (morning) of work, today I was scheduled to teach an afternoon class. On top of that, my department needed to have a meeting with all of us together at once. This morning was the best time for everyone. So that meant that even though I didn't have to work till the afternoon, I didn't get to sleep in since I had to be at the meeting at 8 AM. So:

6:45 - get up as late as possible (trying to get as much sleep as I could), get dressed, make my usual breakfast/coffee rounds and head to work.
8:00 - meeting with coworkers
9:30 - meeting is over. chat with coworkers, hug coworkers.
10:00 - go home and waste some time before I have to go back.
11:30 - get sleepy but realize that it is too late to try to take a nap now. Fix some lunch and eat.
12:10 - get ready to go, look around for my Bible so that I will be ready to go straight to the retreat after work, search for it in several rooms then finally take Denis' microscopic Bible.
12:30 - arrive back at work, prepare for class.
1:00 - patients arrive, check them in.
1:30-4:30 - teach class while being slightly disoriented by the fact that I'm not used to keeping track of the time going by with afternoon times (ie. I'm used to planning around a 10:30 AM break and how far I should be by then).
4:30 - say goodbye to the patients, answer last minute questions.
4:45 - clean up classroom, start to chart
5:15 - realize that I'm not going to be done in time to carpool with my friends to the retreat.
6:00 - finish with charting, complete timecard, check email, clean up workspace, lock up office.
6:30 - drive to the retreat, realize that my stomach is growling and I need to eat some dinner.
6:45 - go into a quickmart looking for something substantial and only find a Luna bar... Oh well.
6:50 - arrive at the retreat center thinking that I am terribly late and find out that I'm not! :o)
7:15 - regret that i didn't have time to go home and change my clothes because I feel sweaty and gross.
7:30 - enjoy the speaker and the company and have a great time visiting.
9:30 - drive home, take a shower, write on my blog.

I'm tired. I have to get up early tomorrow. I hope you're having a good weekend. Our speaker is Martha Peace. I will add a link to that later so you can find out more about her.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

You sound way too busy! I dread days where I have no time to catch my breath, however it sounds like you had a very productive day. I'm glad you enjoyed the speaker.

judi/Gmj said...

Wait!! No work out at the gym??? ROFLOL!! Slow down kiddo.

Priscilla said...

Sounds busy. I've had busy days like that. Glad they are not every day though.

A retreat sounds great.

Nixter said...

you busy bee.

My fav bit was 'hug coworkers' How sweet!!!