Thursday, January 11, 2007

Where does the time go?

I can't believe that it is already January 11th!! It's a bit late to write a post about the new year, but oh well. Did you make any New Year's resolutions? I don't really make any. I once made a resolution to read through the Bible in a year when I was in college. And I actually was keeping it all the way till June. I was using the One Year Bible, which was kind of new at the time. Now it is available in so many different translations and they even have a really small version that is amazing. Anyway, when I went home for the summer, I misplaced my One Year Bible and couldn't find it. When I found it in September again, I was so far behind that I couldn't stay on track. It's very hard to stay motivated when you are reading the wrong date's reading. So I just waited until the following June and picked up where I left off. So I kept my resolution in a matter of two years' time...

Currently, I have a lot of resolutions, but they are year-round resolutions. Not really anything new for the New Year. I would like to be more consistent in reading my Bible and praying, keep up with the reading that I should do to stay up to date with my job, make more effort to develop meaningful relationships with people around me. I think those are the biggest three. How about you?

9 comments:

kristina said...

I need to find a real job in graphic design. I have 2 degrees and am doing the same stuff I was doing in high school.

Martha said...

Oooo, that will be a good thing to tell my son who thinks maybe he should look for a job in the Twin Cities. (He is a graphic designer) Maybe he should just stay here and be happy he has a job.

I have resolved not to make resolutions that will not be followed through with. Honestly, I resolve to let the Lord keep working on me and to follow Him even when I don't "feel" anything happening.

T said...

resolution..... well I kinda agree with martha in the fact that I don't have any. but this year I want to do more with my family and try to become a mother that the Lord wants me to be.... easier said than done!

Kim said...

I didn't make any resolutions. I never do. However, I need to start reading all of the adoption material that my husband has already read months ago. So last night, instead grabbing another novel off the shelf of many books, I read the manual from our agency. I finished the chapter on Grief. Now it's onto Attachment.

Priscilla said...

I bought a One Year Bible (funny you should mention it). Allen and I are sharing it. So far, we've both stayed on track.

Rachel said...

No resolutions for me either, but I also desire to grow in my relationship with Christ, and to be a good friend.
I have never tried reading through the Bible in a year. I don't think my brain could absorb all that info that fast. How do you take it all in and really meditate on it? I like the idea of 2 years instead.

Rachel said...

(not that I'm a poor friend now, but I'm not always the best listener)

Tracy said...

This was my take on the One Year Bible. It IS hard to take it all in and really absorb it. I found a lot that I was just reading to get it done for the day. However, it was still very valuable because it helped me to understand the overall point of each of the books of the Bible and where they come in history. I really recommend reading the whole Bible at some point, even though it is a given that it won't all soak in.

Priscilla said...

I'm just reading it. if something strikes me, I underline it. My daily devotions are separate and deeper.