Saturday, September 02, 2006

A Monkey off my back

I had some errands this week that I was not looking forward to and now they are done. Yay! Through my work, I am on a committee to help plan and coordinate the American Diabetes Association's fundraiser walk for this area. I had a list of people who I was supposed to call and two businesses that I was to visit to request donations. I'm not much of a sales person, and I was not looking forward to calling complete strangers on behalf of a charity. You know, to be one of those people who interrupt your day to ask you for something? Not really my idea of fun. Anyway, I knew that once I started, it wouldn't really be that big of a deal, it was just the thought of it that paralyzed me into inaction. So I finally rallied my strength and made the calls this week. It is so nice to be done with that.

The walk is September 30th and I will be walking in it. I'm looking forward to helping with the actual walk - the set up and event itself. It will be fun. If you want to donate to my ADA fund, you can click here.

1 comment:

Martha said...

I often refer to myself as "Last Minute Martha" because I so often wait until the last minute to do those tasks I'm not looking forward to. One of them is sending quarter reports in to the school.